Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Almost there...

A friend asked me yesterday what I was looking forward to most about the Peace Corps. Her husband jokingly replied that the answer should be "getting there," and I realized that that is exactly what I'm most looking forward to right now. After a summer spent waiting to hear where I would be going, denying the fact that college is over, and trying to savor the relatively cool temperatures of New England, I'm more than ready to start this new adventure.
There's not much else to say at the moment since I'm currently sitting in a hotel in Philadelphia waiting for my two days of training to start before flying to Burkina Faso on Thursday. I anticipate I'll soon have plenty of stories of outrageous temperatures, mosquitoes the size of my fist, and the many ways in which I'll be saving the world but for now its just me waiting for my room at the Holiday Inn to be ready.
Thats all for now, I promise my next post will have a little substance and entertainment!

Also, feel free to send me letters or packages! I know I'll be dying for news from home and would love to hear how everyone is doing. Care packages are nice too, and I'll have a better idea soon of what will be nice to have once I get settled in Africa.

Here is my address for the next three months of training:
Morgan Cole, PCT
S/c Corps de la Paix
01 B.P. 6031
Ouagadougou 01, Burkina Faso

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Hey Morgan! Okay, I have to admit that in the beginning I was just a wee bit cautious where my excitement for you was concerned....I knew this was what you wanted to do and couldn't help but notice how your eyes would sparkle whenever you spoke of this adventure....But now! Now that I've viewed the photos posted I am FAR more relaxed with the prospect of your placement...The people look lovely...the children beautiful and welcoming to those from far away lands, and the adults almost shy in their acceptance....I hope you have a wonderful time and this experience proves to be all you might hope it to be and more....Please know you are in my thoughts daily and I look forward to reading your notes....

Love you, Shirley

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps